The weather outside is frightful!
Hi all! Recently I saw these Hot Cocoa Favors from Gracious Bridal. How cute are these?? But I was on a mission to find a DIY version to make them more personal and and less costly (which we love right?).
Then I found these on the fabulous Style me Pretty. What I love is that you can do them in your wedding colors and your wedding font! they can be adorable favors or in your Out of Town bags!
Heavy Card Stock
Thread / Sewing Machine
Corner Punch Tool
Resealable Glue Strips
Individual Hot Coco Packets
Recipe for Homemade Marshmallows
1. Print pattern onto a card stock and trim to 3.75 x 3″ then round the right side corners with a corner punch tool. (You could use any patterned paper for this project and just mount it to a card stock with spray mount.)
2. Print the smaller labels onto a card stock. I used a silver metallic to coordinate with our wedding colors. trim each one out using an x-acto knife and ruler. Then hole punch (only half) on either side for sewing.
3. Line up pieces of paper with the left edge of the muslin bag and sew with a coordinating thread color. I used my basic sewing machine to do the sewing and they turned out well.
4. For the note inside we printed a greeting onto the same silver card stock and rounded the edges with a corner punch tool.
5. The homemade snowflake marshmallows were made from a recipe found at marthastewart.com.
We packaged the marshmallows in cellophane envelopes with a re-sealable glue strip to maintain freshness. Add individual hot cocoa packets in similar colors to complete the gift!