Tia's Wedding Tip Thursday!
Take a load off! It’s time to delegate some wedding to do’s to the Groom. Consider using the list below to get him involved. Most guys really do want to do something for the wedding…the key is picking responsibilities they will actually enjoy doing. In my experience, these items are Groom-friendly and will elevate some of the burden you are carrying.
- Plan the Honeymoon (I highly recommend a travel agent…they know all the secrets on how to get upgrades, and resorts, etc. tend to give agent’s clients just a little extra special service.)
- Coordinate transportation – for the entire Bridal Party and Guests, if needed (A nice touch is to have private transportation for the Bride and Groom from the ceremony site to the reception and to your final destination.)
- Plan wedding night location details (Bed & Breakfast, fancy hotel suite, whatever suits your style!)
- Coordinate whoever he would like to give a toast and let them know in advance so they can plan accordingly (Extra tip – either pick someone who won’t drink too much or plan it early in the timeline to avoid any “unexpected” toast moments.)
- Pick the music lineup with the reception DJ or band (You can discuss specialty dance songs together and remind him to pass on your desires if you’d like all the music to be “family friendly”.)
- Choose a specialty cocktail and name it
- Confirm times and locations with his family for all rehearsal, ceremony and reception details
- Have wedding bands and engagement ring professionally cleaned
Of course, there are several other things that the Groom can help with along the way, but this is a great list to get him started. He’ll soon feel connected and know that this isn’t just the “Bride’s Day”, his opinion matters and you want him to be part of the planning.